The R40 is HPI’s full competition "Pro" 1/10th scale nitro touring car designed primarily for the racetrack. It has proven its speed with two wins of the ROAR National Championships in 2003 and 2004 driven by HPI world team driver Atsushi Hara. All the option parts Atsushi uses on his R40 are now included in the latest R40 Hara Edition kit, giving all the serious racers a chance to drive a champions car. With all the same option parts as Hara’s car HPI has thoroughly changed the chassis design and the layout of the components for a lower centre of gravity to give a better drive performance to meet the high demands of faster race tracks.
By skillfully gathering many of the heavy items at the centre of the car, the gravity has been lowered even further to greatly enhance the convergence of the roll moment and to give the car faster reflexes. The steering servo has been located at the centre of the chassis, making it possible to mount it at an even lower position without touching the ground. And now in addition the receiver battery can be mounted "on" the chassis. Therefore, the chassis is thinner making the car more rigid and the roll performance well balanced at a much higher level.
The R40 Hara Edition has also been given a new fuel tank, designed especially to accommodate the new radio equipment layout. The new tank design has the same fuel supply performance as the standard fuel tank but with a lower centre of gravity when filled up. In addition, we have added a devise to protect servo and receiver from overflowing fuel when filling up. To lower the centre of gravity even further and to reduce the overall weight the R40 Hara Edition also comes with shock towers and upper deck made from woven graphite and light weight transmission parts.
Comprehensive Features List
- Chassis upgrades #73110 New R40 Hara Edition Upper Deck (Woven Graphite) New woven graphite upper deck repositions the electronic components for a lower center of gravity, increasing overall chassis performance. #73925 New R40 Hara Edition Chassis New chassis works with the new upper deck to achieve the optimum weight distribution of the chassis. Also allows the receiver battery to be mounted directly on to the chassis for a lower CG and quicker steering response.
- Graphite shock towers Shock towers machined from 3mm high quality woven graphite for strength and weight savings. Extra shock mounting holes and camber link positions are provided for extended tuning range. #73089 Front Shock Tower A (Woven Graphite) #73090 Rear Shock Tower A (Woven Graphite)
- Lightweight transmission parts #33401 R40 Lightweight 2 Speed Shaft #33402 R40 Lightweight Middle Shaft Lightweight 2 Speed Shaft and Lightweight Middle Shaft decrease drivetrain weight for quick acceleration. #87173 Lightweight 2 Speed Transmission Set (0.8M) Lightweight 2 Speed Transmission Set is lighter, which delivers increased acceleration and a reduction in the overall car weight for faster lap times. Also features a finer gear pitch for increased efficiency and quicker acceleration, and hard anodized alloy clutch bell gears for extended gear life. The gear ratios have also been revised for more punch and higher top speed.
- Steering upgrade #33403 R40 Steering Upgrade Set (Bearings) Bearing Set for extra smooth steering response. #75067 New R40 Hara Edition Aluminum Servo Mount Aluminum servo mount provides a rigid mount for the steering servo, for increased steering precision.
- Drive train upgrades #75026 Front One-Way Differential 36T Front One-Way Differential for quicker steering and acceleration. #33406 Diff Gear Set (R40 4 Bevel Gear) 4 bevel gears make the car more stable under hard acceleration. The 4 bevel gear set-up also increases durability. #33407 Aluminum Hex Hub Clamp Type (6mm/4pcs.) Precision 6mm aluminum hex hubs machined from aluminum for less hub deflection. Also prevents the drive pin from falling out during car maintenance.
- More options #72170 Threaded Aluminum Shock Set (45-56mm) Threaded Aluminum Shock Set for extra durability and finer tuning options. #87241 New R40 Hara Edition Fuel Tank New optimized fuel tank shape provides a lower center of gravity for improved handling, also includes an overfill fuel channel. #38202 Aluminum Antenna Holder (Purple Anodized) Purple anodized aluminum antenna holder for increased durability.
Unassembled 1/10th scale 4WD
R40 Hara Edition. Does not include radio, engine, exhaust, fuel
filter, air filter or bodyshell.
Specification may be subject to change