at its Best
The HB R10 is the latest kit from the talented designers at HB-HPI to enter the exciting, fast and dangerous world of 1/10th scale nitro on-road touring car racing with a unique, high-spec nitro touring car kit that will amaze nitro racing fans! The HB R10 is a no-compromise, top-end fully laden racing machine. No expense or effort has been spared to make the R10 into a car that can compete with the world's best, at the highest level of competition. This makes it the best choice for your racing endeavors, whether you're just getting into nitro touring cars for the first time, are a seasoned racing veteran or are trying out the class after some time away.
Top-level nitro touring cars are a completely different type of racing class compared to electric touring cars - you can't just add an engine to any touring car design and head off to the races - at least, not if you want to do well. Properly designing and testing a car takes months, even years, taking a full-time design team and several world-class racers. The materials and design have to be at the highest level as well, with many different designs and materials tested over a long period. The HB R10 is packed full of knowledge that only comes from years of collective racing and design experience.
Why does the R10 need this supreme attention to detail? Because at over 60mph, even on smaller tracks, every single componenent on the car has to serve a purpose and perform at the highest possible level. That's why only the best materials went into the HB R10: titanium, aircraft aluminum, carbon graphite, top-grade composites and more.
The R10 is built from the ground up to perform, and to win. With this car, you can experience the thrill of nitro racing with a World Championship racing team! The HB R10 is a kit, and requires a set of metric hex wrenches to build. You will need to supply your choice of body, mounted foam tires, engine, exhaust, manifold, fuel and starter box.
Like every HB racing kit, the R10 allows you to set and refine every possible adjustment on the chassis. You can tune such parameters as roll center, front and rear arm toe, camber, caster and more. You can fine-tune the chassis roll front and rear with sway bars at each end, and the robust pivot-ball suspension gives you precise control of the camber and rear toe with a quick twist of a hex wrench.
- Centralized lower weight distribution provides superb balance with increased transitional agility
- High quality universal driveshafts front and rear for the best drive efficiency
- Titanium tie-rods, rear camber links, middle shafts and rear sway bar joints
- Hard coated aluminum pulleys (except the rear diff pulley)
- Separated (upper and lower) bulkheads allow for quick and easy diff change and drive belt tension adjustments
- New fuel tank equipped with EZ cap designed for least fuel liquid level change for the best fuel efficiency
- 4-piece engine mount compatible with both OS and Novarossi type engines
- High precision brake rotor and brake pads that is made of the material used in real racing cars provide superb stopping power and brake feel
- Servo saver with one-touch Ackerman adjustment system
- Multiple suspension pivot point adjustment system allows for fine roll center tuning
- Direct fit wing mounts on rear shock tower
- PTFE-coated oil shocks
- Efficient 0.08 module gears
- Wheels, tires, body and electronics left for your choice
Nitro racing touring car kit. Body, engine, exhaust, manifold, electronics, tires and radio system required to complete the car.
Gear ratio: 1st=7.56:1.0, 2nd=5.27:1.0
- .12 size racing engine with rear slide carburetor
- Tuned exhaust pipe and header
- Mounted foam tires
- 2-channel radio system with 2 servos, receiver and battery
- Starter box
Specification may be subject to change