HPI's new giant 2WD Baja 5B buggy will take RC Cars to a
The Baja 5B is a rear wheel drive 1/5th scale off-road buggy that is nearly 32" in length! Its design is revolutionary for large scale RC Cars following the style of classic Baja buggies with long suspension arms for great ground clearance and large suspension travel. The big size allows the Baja 5B to go where smaller buggies can't and makes the Baja 5B's driving experience as close as you can get to the real thing.
The Baja 5B is big, but coming as a "Ready To Run" car, and powered by standard petrol it can't be easier to get ready for action. Everything is included in the kit - 1. Preassembled Baja 5B chassis, 2. Prepainted Baja body shell, 3. Preinstalled high quality FM radio gear with built in fail safe, 6V receiverpack and charger. 4. Preinstalled massive 23cc petrol engine providing plenty of power. All you need to do is fill up with standard petrol and some oil, and off you go!
The innovative design of the Baja 5B has been developed and tested by HPI's designers over the last 18 months.
The narrow channel chassis made from rigid 4mm aluminium gives the Baja 5B the classic look and extreme stiffness and durability.
|Awesome looks from every angle!|
|Double wishbone suspension with long travel aluminium
shocks gives superior Off-Road capability. The narrow Chassis
design allows for super long suspension arms which results in
smooth damping characteristics and long suspension travel.
The completely new designed "Hyper Adjust Piston" shocks are made from aluminium and have 5 dampening settings that can be adjusted externally without removing the shocks. Dual rate springs give a progressive characteristic for a smooth suspension on all surfaces.
|A Viscous Torque Control differential delivers the power to the rear wheels smoothly. The Differential can be tuned by using different diff oils. Hardened metal is used throughout the drivetrain for reliable performance in all conditions.|
|A typical Baja style roll cage made of high impact nylon gives the classic look and protects the engine and body shell from crash damage.|
|Standard equipment includes a 2000mah 6 Volt rechargeable receiver pack and an AC charger.|
|The included high quality TF-10 radio system is FM for excellent range and reliable operations without interferences that can be caused by fuel engines to AM radios.|
|The steering servo is a massive 25 kg-cm unit for quick
steering and lots of torque.
All servos are water resistant designs that allow the Baja 5B to be driven in extreme off-road conditions.
|Plenty of power comes from a massive 23cc "Fuelie" gasoline engine. There is more than enough power to make the Baja 5B feel as quick and nimble as a 1/10th scale buggy. The Baja 5B runs for more than 30 minutes on a single tank of petrol, pre-mixed with high quality two stroke oil, and refuelling with petrol costs a fraction of nitro hobby fuel. The "Fuelie" engine includes a pull starter, primer, choke, kill switch and a high performance dual element foam air filter.|
|Special 3-piece bead lock wheels are included. A bead
is bolted onto the wheel to securely hold the tyre in place. No
glue is used to mount the tyres, which makes changing the tyres
quick and easy and the wheels can be used again with new tyres.
New sticky HPI Dirt Buster tyres with different tread pattern for front and rear guarantee high traction on almost all surfaces.
Baja 5B Specifications:
- Over all Length 817mm
- Height: 255mm 1G (280mm with 0G)
- Width: Front 460mm / Rear 480mm
- Tyre Track: Front 395mm / Rear 400mm
- Wheelbase: 570mm
- Right height: 76mm
- Suspension travel: Front 95mm / Rear 100mm
- Weight: 9.6kg (21.3lb)
- Camber: adjustable front with shims rear with screw
- Front caster: adjustable with shim 22 / 25.5* / 29 degrees (* stock)
- Toe-in: adjustable front with tie rod rear with shims 2 / 3* / 4 degree each side(* stock)
- Air craft aluminium 6061 T6 monocoque chassis
- Double wish bone suspension with adjustable roll center F/R
- Twin plate ventilated disk brake
- Drive system: HD metal gears with sealed gear box (8.382:1 gear ratio)
- Diff: torque control viscous with 4 pinon gears sealed diff case with silicone oil
- Shock absorber: 5 adjustable dampening and fully adjustable coil over spring
- Wheel type: 3 pcs with high impact nylon material
- 2 cycle piston valve gasoline engine
- Cooling system: air cooled
- Displacement: 23cc
- Maximum output: 2.4ps
- Fuel: pre-mixed fuel, 25 (Gasoline) : 1 (High grade 2 cycle engine oil)
- 700cc capacity fuel tank
- Starter Recoil: starter
- FM radio system with fail safe system
- Steering servo: Hi torque water resistant 25kg.cm with Speed 0.16sec/60 degree
- Throttle servo: Hi torque water resistant 6kg.cm with Speed 0.16sec/60 degree
- Recovery battery: 6V rechargeable NiCad buttery
#10602 RTR BAJA 5B with 5B-1 Body (ce-3 pin charger) #10601RTR BAJA 5B with 5B-1 Body (ce-2 pin charger)
Specification may be subject to change